Marie-Claude Lavallée, speaker, host and journalist
Marie-Claude Lavallée, speaker and host, is well known among the Radio-Canada public where she did extremely well for over 30 years, in a wide range of TV programs. Three years ago, Marie-Claude left Radio-Canada to become a freelancer. She now works for the 98.5 radio station where she replaces Paul Houde in the show called: le Québec Maintenant.
Furthermore, she facilitates numerous events and conferences, as well as seminars for those seeking to improve their public-speaking performances.
Marie-Claude Lavallée’s Keynotes presentations :
- Duration : 45-75 minutes, adaptable to your needs and preferences
- Keynotes available in both English and French
- A preparatory call with the speaker is planned to select and adapt the content of the presentation.
MOVING FORWARD, REGARDLESS OF WHAT HAPPENS!
We learn constantly from life, particularly when we think we are facing a deadlock situation.
This is the observation of Marie-Claude Lavallée, speaker. Based on her own life and business experiences, she will share with you her different lessons learned, namely:
- Resilience is shaped by life experiences and our perceptions.
- The worst experiences can sometimes turn into great surprises, and hindsight can allow us to see these contradictions.
- Keep on moving forward, no matter what.
- Sometimes, we need to take a step back in order to see what’s wrong, instead of trying to avoid it.
- Big decisions must be taken only with ourselves in mind.
- We must listen to ourselves more often.
- Live your life to the fullest.
- What others think of you is none of your business.
- We must learn how to stop before reaching exhaustion.
By the end of her conference, you will be better equipped to move forward, no matter what!
FROM THE NEWSROOM TO REAL LIFE!
Thanks to her 30+ years in the media world, Marie-Claude Lavallée, speaker, is able to draw an unexpected parallel between a newsroom and real life.
She will address the following:
- How to gain confidence and play your part
- How to deal with an everlasting whirlwind and manage the unexpected
- Learn how to recognise your friends from your enemies
- To develop an active strategy and how to maintain it
- To deal serenely with crazy life moments
- How to juggle with glory days and failures
- How to cultivate patience
Things move quickly in a newsroom as well as in life.
Do things move too quickly for you? This is your opportunty to learn from them!
LOOKING FOR A PRESENTER/MODERATOR/HOST ?
Marie-Claude Lavallée, speaker, is also available for entertainment mandates. Should you need further details, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Marie-Claude Lavallée’s Biography :
Marie-Claude Lavallée, speaker and host, is well known among the public as she worked for Radio-Canada and RDI for 30 years, in a great deal of TV programs.
These include TV shows such as: CE SOIR, MONTRÉAL CE SOIR, 6.00 p.m. newscasts she hosted between 1984 and 1992, SRC BONJOUR from 1992 to 1994, À TOUT PRIX in 1994-1995, as well as the TÉLÉJOURNAL MIDI on weekends, from 1998 to 2006.
Between 1995 and 2009, she performed memorable and intimistic interviews with prominent artistic figures as well as other professionals on RDI and Radio-Canada, for the two TV shows called: ENTRÉE DES ARTISTES and RENDEZ-VOUS DE MARIE-CLAUDE.
From 2009 to 2012, she hosted the daily TV show called: RDI SANTÉ that dealt with every aspect of current health issues, in collaboration with a remarkable team of professionals.
During her last year at Radio-Canada, Marie-Claude hosted weekend news bulletins on RDI.
When she decided to leave the Crown Corporation on May 25, 2014, she felt compelled and shocked by the latest cutbacks and the way they were severely impacting younger journalists.
Marie Claude Lavallée studied piano and oboe at the Quebec City Conservatory of Music, and pursued her studies in journalism at the Ryerson University of Toronto. She began her career in the Queen City, in both English and French, and co-hosted a news magazine for youngsters on CBC (What’s New).
In parallel to her television work, Marie-Claude Lavallée, speaker, contributed to the training of young journalists and news anchors in every Radio Canada’s French TV stations, between 2006 and 2009.
Nowadays, she works as a freelancer, radio host (COGECO, 98.5), as well as a facilitator in award ceremonies, conferences, and training (Spoken script, public speaking, and on-air presence).
- Communication and medias
- Women empowerment
- Motivation, success, and personal growth
*Available in both English and French
Wireless headset microphone
Small table or lectern (for notes and a water bottle)