speaker hostand journalist
Marie-Claude Lavallée, journalist, speaker and host, is well known to the public at Radio-Canada where she has been active for over 30 years in a wide variety of programs. Six years ago, Marie-Claude left the CBC to become a freelancer. She can now be found on 98.5 where she replaces Patrick Lagacé on Québec Maintenant.
She also facilitates numerous conferences and events and provides training for those who want to improve their public performance.
Marie-Claude Lavallée's lectures :
- Duration: approximately 60 minutes, adaptable
- Disponibles en Français et Anglais / Available in French and English
- A preparatory call is planned in order to select and adapt the content of the conference.
Move forward, no matter what happens!
Life is always teaching us. Especially, and perhaps even more so, when you think everything is stuck.
This is the observation of Marie-Claude Lavallée, speaker. Based on her own life experience, she shares with you the various lessons she has learned.
- Resilience is built on the experiences we have, but more importantly on the perceptions we give to them.
- The worst moments can sometimes turn into beautiful surprises. And it's often hindsight that allows us to see these great contradictions.
- No matter what happens, you have to move on.
- Sometimes you have to take the time to accept what is wrong rather than trying to save yourself from it.
- That the greatest decisions are made by oneself.
- We need to listen to ourselves more often.
- You have to live. Live with all your strength, with all your heart.
- What others think of us is none of our business.
- You have to stop before you run out of steam.
At the end of his lecture, you will be better equipped to move forward, always forward.
From the newsroom to real life!
Drawing on her thirty years in the media world, Marie-Claude Lavallée, speakerdrawsa surprising parallel between a newsroom and real life.
It will deal with :
- How do you learn to trust yourself and take your place?
- How do you live in a constant whirlwind and deal with the unexpected?
- Learn to recognise friends and enemies.
- Build and maintain a strategy for action.
- Facing the crazy and funny moments with serenity.
- Learn to deal with the days of glory and the days of failure.
- Learn to cultivate patience.
Things move fast in a newsroom. So does life.
Sometimes too fast? All the more reason to learn from it.
Biography of Marie-Claude Lavallée :
Marie-Claude Lavallée, journalist, speaker and host, is well known to the general public. For 30 years, she has been featured on Radio-Canada and RDI in a wide variety of programs.
On television, she presented the 6 p.m. newscasts CE SOIR and MONTRÉAL CE SOIR from 1984 to 1992, SRC BONJOUR from 1992 to 1994, À TOUT PRIX in 1994-1995 and the weekend TÉLÉJOURNAL MIDI from 1998 to 2006.
From 1995 to 2009, she offered memorable intimate interviews with the most prominent personalities in the arts and other fields on RDI and Radio-Canada as part of ENTRÉE DES ARTISTES and then RENDEZ-VOUS DE MARIE-CLAUDE.
From 2009 to 2012, she hosted the daily RDI SANTÉ, covering all aspects of current affairs in this vast field with a remarkable team of professionals.
During her last year at the SRC, Marie-Claude presented the news on RDI on weekends.
She chose to leave the Crown Corporation on 25 May 2014, feeling challenged and even shocked by the latest cuts and their devastating effect on the young journalists at the company.
Marie Claude Lavallée studied piano and oboe at the Conservatoire de musique de Québec before pursuing her studies in journalism at Ryerson University in Toronto. She began her career in the Queen City in both English and French, co-hosting a youth news magazine on CBC. (What's New)
In addition to her on-screen work, Marie-Claude Lavallée, speaker, helped train young journalists and news anchors in all of Radio-Canada's French-language stations from 2006 to 2009.
Today, as a freelancer, she devotes her energies to radio hosting (COGÉCO, 98.5), to thehosting of conferences and award ceremonies, and to training (writing and public speaking - on air presence).
Marie-Claude Lavallée in conference :
Watch the excerpt of Marie-Claude's talk presented at our VITRINE OF speakerson June 6, 2019 at the Château fontaine vineyard in St-Hyacinte:
Interviews with Marie-Claude Lavallée :
Interview with Marie-Claude Lavallée: Women's rights
HOW IT IS - Discussion with Marie-Claude Lavallée at the time of COVID-19
Full interview on Profil de succès (Spring 2019)