speakerPresident and CEO, Grandio Group
Jean Bédard's lectures :
- Duration: approximately 60 minutes, adaptable.
- Conferences available in French and English.
- A preparatory call is planned to adapt the content of the conference.
Managing the unmanageable
- A look back at the repositioning of the Cage
- The changes we undertook before the crisis allowed us to be active and to accelerate the transformation that was inevitable anyway
- How to maneuver in the midst of crisis (How we lived the last year), communication, leadership, authenticity
- My vision of the company of tomorrow and the impact of the crisis on consumer behavior
Changing your culture without changing your DNA is a challenge!
Who doesn't know Jean Bédard? We've seen him in the famous La Cage - Brasserie Sportive commercials as well as in numerous interviews concerning the business world. But do you really know this fiery businessman and especially do you know HIS vision of the business world?
In his lecture, Jean Bédard will explain:
- Factors that influence today's society
- Why La Cage - Brasserie sportive had to change its culture
- Comment faire le mix « culture et exécution »
- How to create a unique corporate positioning
- How to get leaders to engage in this new continuous management
- How to develop a credible and mobilising action plan
- What results did they achieve?
Biography of Jean Bédard :
A chartered accountant by training with a highly developed entrepreneurial streak, Jean Bédard, speaker fell in love with the La Cage aux Sports restaurant concept. He acquired the company in 1995, at the age of 31, and became President and CEO.
A seasoned worker, he masterfully led the expansion of the network across the province, reaching more than fifty establishments. At the same time, he gave back the letters of nobility to boxing in Quebec as a promoter of major events. For many years, InterBox will remain an essential part of the local and international boxing scene.
Always on the lookout for trends and wanting to give the company more momentum, Jean Bédard surrounded himself with an experienced team and traveled across North America to get inspiration and reinvent his business model. In 2015, he launched the new concept of La Cage - Brasserie sportive, focusing on a quality menu, fresh and cooked with local products. To date, the results of this repositioning are undeniable and ensure the chain's sustainability for years to come.
A passionate businessman, he is actively involved in the promotion of sports and accepted the presidency of the Quebec Games in 2005. Recognized for his expertise, Jean Bédard holds several leading positions within the Conseil des chaînes de restaurants du Québec (CCRQ) and the Canadian Restaurant and Foodservices Association (CRFA).
From 2006 to 2020, Sportscene Group is a platinum member of Canada's Best Managed Companies.
In June 2022, the Sportscene Group became the Grandio Group, with Jean Bédard as President and CEO.
- Team mobilisation
- Business transformation
- Organisational changes
- Culture change / brand change
- Risk management
- Company director
- Food / Home-grown food / Quality of ingredients
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS :
- Wireless headset
- Small table (for notes and water bottle)
- Laptop computer
- Remote control
- Projector and screen
- (audio-video outputs as videos with sound)
Jean Bédard in conference :
Watch the excerpt of Jean Bédard's lecture presented at our VITRINE OF speakers on November 2, 2017:
Interviews with Jean Bédard :
HOW IT IS - Discussion with Jean Bédard at the time of COVID-19
PepTalk on the road with... Jean Bédard
Full interview with Jean Bédard on PROFIL DE SUCCÈS (Fall 2018).