speaker, sport & marketing pro executive and sport business analyst
Ray Lalonde is a sports business consultant/advisor specializing in management, strategic planning, branding, marketing, sales and revenue generation.
A radio and television sports industry columnist and analyst, Ray is an exciting and inspiring speakerfor Canadian companies in all industries looking for strategic parallels with sport.
Ray Lalonde's lectures and training workshops:
- Duration: approximately 60-90 minutes, adaptable.
- Workshop: 2h to 6h, depending on your needs, tailor-made.
- Conferences available in French and English.
- A preparatory call is planned to adapt the content of the conference and training.
Make your employees and clients experience the extraordinary
With the evolution of the business market since the pandemic, regardless of the industry, it has become increasingly difficult to recruit new employees, build a quality workforce, ensure cohesive teamwork, and most importantly, solidify relationships with customers. These issues are real and immediate. So how do you begin this transformation in your company and increase the value perceived by your customers?
In this conference, Ray Lalonde will address, among others, the following topics
- The principle of benchmarking;
- Company culture;
- The priorities of the organization;
- The place of passion and emotions in the company;
- The importance of strategic alignment;
- Investments vs. expenditures;
- The values of the company.
A professional career is a sport
What sports consumer doesn't know Ray Lalonde? Visible more than 500 times a year on multiple media platforms in Quebec and Canada, he has become over the years an expert analyst, a leader and a unique reference in the sports industry. Imagine more than 36 years working around the world with many of the major sports brands. What's his recipe for navigating multiple leagues, clubs and sports organizations? What are the strategies and actions he employs in all his projects and management missions? This conference will highlight an exciting industry and an extraordinary career path. During this talk, Ray Lalonde will talk about the rapid progression of sport in society and how this industry is accelerated by technological progress.
- Methodical preparation for a professional career (based on experience);
- Generalization vs. specialization;
- The pivot to a career in sports;
- The sports industry vs. other industries.
Building a champion club is like running your business
In this conference, the following will be discussed:
- The key to successful organizations;
- Decision making based on monetary gain and winning a game;
- The benefits of applying the model of a sports organization to a traditional business;
- Corporate culture;
- The unique mentality of a champion sports club;
- Vision and Leadership.
The future of sport in the age of technology
It's amazing how technology advances and how it affects our lives. On many levels, sport is benefiting from the increased presence of technology in different places - from competition to production. What can we expect to see in the next 10 years in terms of changes?
- Sport and technology: links and application;
- The impact on consumers and profits;
- The limits of technology integration in the sports industry;
- New developments in the field.
Other topics that can be developed in a conference or training workshop:
- Customer service
Biography of Ray Lalonde :
Well known to the Quebec public thanks to the unprecedented success of his time with the Montreal Canadiens, where he completely transformed the team's brand and popularity over a decade.
A graduate of McGill University and Penn State University where he earned a Master's degree in Sports Administration, Ray also served as an assistant coach with the Penn State Nittany Lions in the NCAA. He has worked in professional football with the NFL Europe and the Montreal Alouettes, in professional basketball with the NBA in New York and Europe, and with the Montreal Canadiens as VP and Chief Marketing and Sales Officer, where he led the Canadiens to the highest commercial heights in their history during his 10-year role with the club. He was the architect and leader of the Canadiens' centennial celebrations from 2006-2009. He also led Team Canada's communications with the Canadian Olympic Committee at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
He has over 35 years of experience in world-class sport and unique expertise in this exciting industry. He is often called upon as an advisor and expert for sports organizations in Canada with the objective of improving business and operational performance.
Since 2014, he has been analyzing the sports industry as a regular columnist on RDS and TSN690 radio on the English side, making weekly appearances on the 5 à 7 and L'Antichambre shows. He was also a frequent collaborator for several years with Paul Arcand on the most listened-to radio show in Canada, Puisqu'il faut se lever, on the Cogeco network's 98.5FM. He has also been invited to participate in numerous radio and television programs on SRC, Télé- Québec, NOOVO and others on the marketing, branding and economics of sports, featuring his vast knowledge of world sports.
- Leadership in sport
- Customer service
- Technology and sport
- The unique experience
- Marketing a company
- A career in sport
- Sport and business
- Mentality and culture
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS :
- Lapel microphone
- Small table (for notes and water bottle)
- Projector and screen
- Remote control
- Audio-video outputs (video with sound)
- Ray brings his laptop (MAC) containing his visual presentation
- Please make sure you have the proper MAC connections for the projector
Ray Lalonde in conference:
Watch the excerpt of Ray Lalonde's conference (French) presented at our VITRINE OF speakers on June 1, 2022:
Watch the excerpt of Ray Lalonde's conference presented at our VITRINE OF speakers on June 1, 2022:
Interviews with Ray Lalonde :
Interview with Ray Lalonde: It starts with branding!